- How do you change default contacts on Android?
- How do I know where my contacts are stored on my Android phone?
- Are contacts stored on SIM card android?
- What happens if you take out your SIM card and put it in another phone?
- Where is Import Export on Samsung phone?
- How do I transfer my contacts to my SIM card?
- How do I change where my contacts are saved?
- How do I know if my contacts are saved on my phone or SIM?
- How do I transfer my contacts from SIM to phone on Samsung?
- How do I transfer contacts from phone to SIM on Samsung?
- Is it better to save contacts to phone or Google?
How do you change default contacts on Android?
On stock Android, go to phone > settings > contacts display > display option > default account to save contacts….What worked for me in Android 8:Go to the “Contacts” application.Settings menu > Account Contacts.Choose the default account in “Default account for new contacts”.
How do I know where my contacts are stored on my Android phone?
You can see your stored contacts at any point by logging into Gmail and choosing Contacts from the drop-down menu on the left. Alternatively, contacts.google.com will take you there too. If you ever choose to leave Android, you can easily make up a back-up by going to Contacts à à Manage Contacts à Export contacts.
Are contacts stored on SIM card android?
Don’t store your contacts on the SIM card. There is no advantage in doing so. Modern smartphones are usually only able to import/export contacts stored on the SIM card. … Furthermore the “Messaging” app of Android 4.0 is able to mange the text messages stored on the SIM card.
What happens if you take out your SIM card and put it in another phone?
You can take the SIM card out, put it into another phone, and if someone calls your number, the new phone will ring. … If the SIM card and phone serial number don’t match, the phone simply won’t work. The SIM card won’t work in other phones, and the phone won’t work with other SIM cards.
Where is Import Export on Samsung phone?
Tap the menu button in the upper right corner, and then select the “Manage Contacts” command. Tap the “Import/Export Contacts” option, and then tap the “Export” button on the next page.
How do I transfer my contacts to my SIM card?
Import contactsInsert the SIM card into your device.On your Android phone or tablet, open the Contacts app .At the top left, tap Menu Settings. Import.Tap SIM card. If you have several accounts on your device, choose the account to which you’d like to save the contacts.
How do I change where my contacts are saved?
Open the contacts app ->tap the three lines on the left -> manage contacts ->default storage location. You’ll change that there. Your contacts are stored in the default storage location that the phone automatically set.
How do I know if my contacts are saved on my phone or SIM?
I don’t know if it’s the same on all Android phones, but on Samsung phones you can open the Contacts app., tap on a contact, then choose “Edit”. At the very top of the contact on the “Edit” screen, it will show you if the contact is in your device memory, SIM card, or to which Google account it’s linked.
How do I transfer my contacts from SIM to phone on Samsung?
1. Find “Import/Export”Press Contacts.Press the Menu key.Press Import/Export.Select one of the following options: Copy contacts from your SIM to your mobile phone, go to 2a. Copy contacts from your mobile phone to your SIM, go to 2b.Press Import from SIM card.Press Phone.Press Select all.Press Import.More items…
How do I transfer contacts from phone to SIM on Samsung?
How to import or export contacts stored in SIM card1 From the Home screen, tap Contacts . Alternatively, if Contacts icon is not available on your Home screen, tap Apps . … 2 Press the Menu key, then tap Import/Export.3 Select Import from SIM card.4 Tap Device to copy all your contacts from SIM to your device.
Is it better to save contacts to phone or Google?
It depends on your choice… first if you store it in Google account it can be taken in any Android phone you log in…and if you store in your Android device or your phone it can be deleted if you reset your device…so it’s recommended to store it in Google… Google account is a better option.